Occupy London Economics Working Group present:
A day of discussions of what an economically just future could look like. This is a chance to explore the world we want to live in, not just what we think we can change. The day will be divided into three themed sessions with panels of speakers presenting their ideas in 10-15 minute presentations to get us started followed by open debate.
The current schedule is:
- 11am Introduction
- 11:15-1pm: Session 1: Tax and Government
- Richard Murphy (Tax Justice Network)
- Gordon Kerr (Cobden Partners)
- Robin Smith (Systemic Fiscal Reform)
- 1pm-1:30pm Lunch Break
- 1:30pm-2:00pm: Session 2: Money and Society
- Ben Dyson (Positive Money)
- Dada Jii (Progressive Utilization)
- Peter Challen (Global Justice Movement)
- 2pm-2:15pm Tea Break
- 2:15pm-4pm: Session 3: Land, Commons and Cooperative Economics
- Derek Wall (Green Party, Goldsmiths)
- Fred Harrison (Land Research Trust)
- Cliff Mills (Mutuo)
- John Courtneidge (Co-operative Socialism)
- 4pm-5pm: Close
The event is free and open to anyone to attend. If you would like to register to attend the event please fill in your details below – this will help us plan capacity. We can also keep you up-to-date with the programme.
Recordings of the event will be posted here and may also be streamed live via the Occupy LSX livestream channel.
We currently are at capacity with regard to the number speakers we can support, but will likely run an additional event in the future. Please feel free to register you interest in speaking at future events below.
Date is Sunday, 15 January 2012. The current planned time is 11am-4:30pm but we may extend later if required. Venue is Bank Of Ideas, Sun St, near Liverpool St.